Wednesday, February 17, 2016

There I see you

Nighthawks by Edward Hopper; collection of the Art Institute of Chicago

There I see you 
Through the glass.
You’re blurry but clear, 
Like us.

You think of me as a friend,
I think of you like the world. 
You’re so vast, 
I’m so tiny.

I’m always in the dark, 
And you’re in the light.
Your popular,
I’m not.

This world is filled with people,
But this small town isn’t.
You’d never notice me,
But yet you notice others.

Your extraordinary,
With a touch of inspiration.
The world would be different,
Without you.

I don’t understand why,
Why I don’t have confidence.
When you don’t have to worry,
Worry about anything.

You’ve got alot,
Alot more than you know. 
One thing you’re missing,
Is me.

(Anonymous poem posted by Mrs. Whelan)





1 comment:

  1. That is a really cool poem. I like it because it explains what could be a real world situation for many of us and really puts things into perspective. Awesome poem!

    ReplyDelete

After your comment id reviewed by the blog moderators, all appropriate feedback will be posted .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...