Tuesday, February 2, 2016

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."

Harvard University Innovation Education Fellow, Tony Wagner, conducted a study on the positive effects of creativity on people's physical and emotional wellness as well as their productivity. He concluded that innovative and creative projects should be life-long endeavors that help people focus and improve self-confidence. With each new iteration, you continue to grow by experimenting and learning from your successes as well as your failures. Ultimately, you must believe in your own ability to achieve the vision of your creations. Wagner affirms Einstein's assertion that "creativity is intelligence having fun." While it is easy to focus on the end result of innovation, it is important to enjoy the creative process. Take time to imagine, to explore, to experiment.  [Source: CNN "A Creative Life is a Healthy Life"]

Nearly three years ago, I resolved to take one photo each day -- a photo of something beautiful, interesting, intriguing, something that causes me to stop and take a closer look. My Project 365 has taught me to slow down, to be present, to pay attention, to rejoice in the unexpected. Technically, I learned about angles, focus, composition, and light. In addition to the visual components, I began to write again, to express my creativity in words as well as images on my own blog. I have felt inspired, dedicated, and encouraged by the feedback of everyone who has followed my progress.

What inspires you? What is your creative outlet? - by Mrs. Larson-Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment id reviewed by the blog moderators, all appropriate feedback will be posted .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...