Friday, September 30, 2016

2 Students, 2 Viewpoints, 1 Asa Clark

Do you remember the summer before starting middle school, and all of the thoughts and feelings you may have had? Were you nervous for the changes, excited for new opportunities, or maybe both? Many students here at Asa had those same thoughts and feelings.

A seventh grader, Khadija, shared that at first she was nervous because switching classes every period was something new. Another seventh grade student, David, added to this concern, stating that he was nervous about getting lost. However, middle school also brought excitement. Khadija said she was excited because she had the opportunity to try new things here at Asa. In addition, there were a variety of electives that students had the option to choose from.

Now that a month has gone by since the first day of school, seventh graders’ thoughts and feelings about middle school have changed. David stated that the transitions from class to class are easier than he thought they would be. Khadija added that she is not as nervous anymore for the same reason. In addition, they are both more comfortable now that they understand the school layout, the rules, and where they are going.

As a seventh or eighth grade student, the transition to a new school, or even just transitioning from summer vacation to the beginning of a new year, can take individuals either a short or a long time to adjust. If the transition seems to be taking longer than hoped or expected, Khadijah encourages students to join a club to meet people who share similar experiences. One last thought from David is that he encourages students to keep trying hard. All in all, students may have similar or different experiences and opinions with the transition process. (posted by Ms. Bartoszewski)

6 comments:

  1. I think it's cool how you asked students how they felt. I bet almost everyone felt the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post because I know that a lot of kids have these same feelings when they go to a new school. Also, after a month, it is easier to get to classes and understand how transitions and classes work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This writing piece is a great thing to read if you are ever nervous for middle school! I can relate because on the first day when I was coming into middle school, I was very nervous! Having Khadija and David as references really helped this piece make it's point. I agree with both of them because middle school does get easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy hearing about how the seventh graders felt and, if they were nervous why. I am so glad they are enjoying their middle school experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you started the writing piece because it really made me relate to it. I remember I was uneasy on the first day of school, especially since I walked into an 8th grade resource to start off my morning (when I was in 7th grade). :) But after, I gradually got used to it, and now it's just really fun! So thank you for writing this piece and letting the new students know that everything will be okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this because I can relate! I wish I would have read this before school started to know that everything will be just fine!

    ReplyDelete

After your comment id reviewed by the blog moderators, all appropriate feedback will be posted .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...